I became a Health professional and coach because of my own health history and my dedication and passion to feeling well, without masking symptoms through medication.
For a big part of my life I was morbidly obese and as you can imagine had a tough time growing up battling in school and life in general. Overall I have lost 45kg and a big contribution to that was creating a better GUT!
Like many of my clients, I’ve experienced chronic and debilitating digestive symptoms, that sometimes left me unable to go out of the house. These chronic symptoms started to take over my life. I became addicted to laxatives and any diet pill or injection I could get my hands on as desperation crept in. I was given the same old diagnoses like IBS after numerous colonoscopies. I also suffered with hormone imbalances, chronic headaches, fatigue, anxiety and vertigo. I know what it’s like to have poor health and to feel isolated and afraid. Although we are all a work in progress I have cleared 95% of my health concerns that seemed like a lifetime of struggle.
Most Importantly I also know what it feels like to heal and live life fully again. Conscious, healthy and happy.
After this very long struggle with ongoing GI problems, (and other seemingly unrelated symptoms) and hearing things from doctors like, “It’s all in your head,” “are you stressed?”, “nothing is wrong with you,” “the tests are negative,” “your blood results are all in range,” and “take these pills,” I decided to take matters into my own hands. I was sick of being unwell, and I sought out alternative healing.
I found some of the best functional doctors and practitioners to aid in my healing, and did as much research as I possibly could to educate myself. As a result, I learned that healing can take place. I recognised that so many of us are coping with chronic issues that we believe, or have been told, are “normal”.
With this in mind and my personal experience, it became clear that I needed to help others navigate the exhausting maze of chronic symptoms using the resources, education and passion I have for healing. I been committed to ongoing learning, welcoming new research, and implementing new practices that makes a difference and have dedicated myself to ongoing study in the advancing disciplines of natural, alternative, integrative, and Functional Medicine.
Let us start with you!
How I Live My Life
- After much exploration with various eating styles, I found eating a 90% plant based paleo based diet works best for me. The eating style that’s right for you will be specific to our discoveries and your personal needs. What’s right for one person is not always right for another.
- I rest and have good sleep practices in place to get all the “free-healing” necessary. With running a very busy practice and doing work after hours, I am conscious and do the best I can.
- I take supplements as needed to nourish my body.
- I work on decreasing my stress by practicing mindfulness, yoga and meditation a couple of times a week.
- I do what I love and surround myself with people who fill me up rather than deplete me. I try to have boundaries that allow me to enjoy life as well as acknowledge when I need to slow down. I listen to my body.
- It’s not always perfect but it’s my journey. I still struggle from time to time. I’m human.
- I work on acceptance rather than resistance, fear and anger. It’s a journey I plan on continuing.